01 February 2011

Something a little bit little

Make it Colourful is having another challenge. Seeing as its still school holidays here, I thought I'd join in.
This challenge is Colour on Anything BUT white card stock!


I saw in Magnolia Ink a couple of issues ago (ps I'm still waiting on my Christmas issue, I'll be ordering online in the future) where they used Maggies on Shrink Plastic. I've been wanting to do it for ages, and had the shrink plastic already from Stamp Camp last year. I even remembered to dust the plastic with my embossing buddy before shrinking it so it didn't stick together.

I've christened two new maggies that arrived in the post today. We have Tilda with Big Balloon and Tilda with Big Bow. I have turned them into key rings / zipper pulls. I've coloured them with ordinary pencils, as I dont have any fancy ones.




As you can see they shrink down pretty small. I think I'll give one to my darling daughter for a zipper pull on her new school bag.

19 comments:

  1. Wow - how nice is that? I have some shrink plastic somewhere, bought it years ago at an exhibition, must try it. They make nice smile raisers.

    Thanks for sharing
    Christel (spelled like Christ with an el on the end)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fun key projects to make. I bet you enjoyed playing the shrink plastic. Thanks for sharing :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kath! Your key tags with Tildas came out so cute! You did a great job coloring the shrink plastic! Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kath what a fabulous idea! They are gorgeous! Love the shapes you cut out too! Thanks so much fro joining us at Make it Colourful this week! hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable....they turned out really nice....haven't tried this but the more I see it done the more I will have to try it one of these days.
    Hugs~
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever idea!! I love playing with shrink film...it's so much fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun project! They turned out so cute. I'm sure your daughter will LOVE her new zipper pull! I might have to go make one for my little girl now, too...
    :o)
    Cassy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how adorable! They're so cute they would distract me from driving! ;D
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is awesome, what a neat idea! Perfect thinking outside the box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look adorable! Lovely idea with the shrink plastic!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are adorable! I've tried shrink plastic, but they didn't come out as cute as yours! I love them!
    Hugs, Jody

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I need to give this a try! It's wonderful! You did such a good job...they are amazing! Thank you for joining us at Make It Colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh, I love your shrinky dinks! I haven't seen these since I was a kid. You've done a a fabulous job.
    Have a blessed day~
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  14. these look great! i've been dying to stamp on some shrink plastic too but am too scared. Thanks for joining us at Make it Colourful this week. Hope to see you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a wonderful idea - these are wonderful!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are awesome! I love shrink plastic and really want to thank you for the embossing buddy tip! You never know when you can learn an awesome tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to come and see my blog. Please leave a message so I know you have paid me a visit.